After her emotional speech at Rajya Sabha on Delhi gang rape incident, Jaya Bachchan may have won a few hearts ( and trending on Twitter) , But I am least impressed. I don’t give a damn for these politicians shedding crocodile tears in front of TV cameras. Let them do something concrete and then come back to us.
Every time such rape incidents ( or similarly School Gun shooting in US) happens in India, politicians raise hue & cry and later they forget everything till the next unfortunate incident happens again. I have a mother, wife and a daughter and like most Indian citizens, I am concerned about their safety in this country. What do these politicians know about the plight of the ordinary citizens? Their families travel in VVIP security and they don’t need to worry about their safety. It is the common people, like you and me who suffers.
If you are still falling for their high drama and TV screen targeted speeches, have a look at this. Uttar Pradesh, where her Samajwadi Party (SP) is ruling, witnessed , 699 cases of murder, 263 rape cases and 249 incidents of loot between March 1 to April 15, 2012. Yes, you have read it right, 263 rape incidents (recorded) in a span of 45 days. Let me ask, why doesn’t she ask her party leader first to stop it? How many of those culprits are arrested and convicted?
Delhi CM, Sheila Dixit says, she’s cancelled the bus license. WTH? Bring the culprits to book asap, get them capital establishment ( laws should be changed if needed) and let people who even think of rape, fear !
Where were these politicians when 600+ rape cases happened in Delhi alone this year?
Rapes are ferociously happening in every town and city – Delhi, Bangalore , Mumbai and every corner of the country.
As an ordinary citizen, I feel helpless , frustrated and angry !
Let these politicians first shut their mouths and do something.
We want only ACTION !
-An Aam Aadmi
Cherian Tinu Abraham is a Technology Professional from Bangalore, India. He is a blogger , Social Media Enthusiast And an active Wikipedian & Wikipedia administrator.
Cherian Tinu Abraham
- Dreamer, Confused pseudo geek , Software Engineer, Highly active Wikipedian and Wikipedia Admin, Social Media Enthusiast .
Follow me @Tinucherian on Twitter !
- You have one of the top 5% most viewed LinkedIn profiles for 2012 ! Thank you, #Linkedin
- Why shouldnt Jaya Bachchan be trending?
- How did @Cleartrip mishandle the firing of its #PublicRelations agency #BuzzPR #ClearBuzz ?
- Why is #BHTweetBid Twitter campaign by @BombayHigh / @SocialSeety a big #fail ?
- UN awards Gujarat Government as the second best state in the world – Facts and Myths
- Adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement
- In the News: “Keeping A `tab’ on tech ” -Deccan Chronicle 25 June 2012
- In the News: “A little bit exxxtra” – Deccan Chronicle – 15 Feburary 2012
- In the News: “Our own Twitter Raja!” – Deccan Chronicle – 27 July 2011
- The Who is Who of Indian Twitterati – Pinstorm India Influencers
- How to monetize your tweets and twitter account ?
- Foxnewspolitics Twitter Account Hacked and tweets about Barack Obama’s death
- In the News: “India: The Future of Wikipedia” – Global Voices – 30 June 2011
- When were you Twitter born?
- Malayalam Wikisource CD released
- In the News: “Help: This Is A Stub” – The Outlook – 13 June 2011
- In the News : “Voices : Is going on a fast an effective way to protest in a democracy?”- Mid-Day – 10 June 2011
- In the News : “World heritage site tag sought for Wikipedia” -The Hindu 06 June 2011
- In the News : “Mixed reviews for Baba online” – Business Standard – 05 June 2011
- In the News: “A net esti‘mate’” – Deccan Chronicle – 08 May 2011
- In the News : “Rust in peace” – Deccan Chronicle – 02 May 2011
- In the News : “Attempts on to revive Odia Wikipedia” – The Hindu – 9April2011
- In the News : “Vernacular Wikipedia” – OPEN Mag – 26 March 2011
- In the News : “Wiki wants Women” – The Hindustan Times – 22 March 2011
- In the News : “India is No.6 in donating to Wikipedia” – The Hindu -19 March 2011
Search Dreaming Cherries .com
Connect with Facebook